Friday

Comedian Eddie Izzard on the British in Film

…We always play bad guys, like take “The Empire Strikes Back,” from the “Star Wars trilogy.” The Death Star! The Death Star was just full of British actors opening doors and going…

…"Oh, I'm - oh, oh..."

"What is it, Lieutenant Sebastian?"

"It's just the Rebels, sir. They're here."

"My God, man! Do they want tea?"

"No, I think they're after something more than that, sir. I don't know what it is, but they've brought a flag."

"Damn, that's dash cunning of them! Ah, Lord Vader!"

(
…heavy breathing and in a deep voice…)
“Uh, hello."

‘Cause he was only impressive ‘cause he had that James Earl Jones voice. (..deep voice…) ”I am Vader. The Force is strong with you." If he had a much more,
“Hello. Look, I'm Lord Vader and just pay a-bloody-ttention, all right?...Luke, Luke, the Force is strong with you."

"Is it?"

"Yeah."

"Well, who told you that?"

"Some bloke! Yeah, he said the Force was really rather strong with you."

"Well, how strong?"

"Uh, as strong as a small pony."

"Ohhhh, that's quite strong, that is!"


The film would never have f***ing worked, would it?!

Powered by Blogger